with Eva Posthuma de Boer
Maestro Eva Posthuma de Boer
Status Expected in 2023
Eva Posthuma de Boer writes novels, cookbooks and columns. This week she will use her all-round writing skills to help other (aspiring) writers on their way. Everyone who has been sighing ‘I want to write a book about that,’ but who doesn’t know how to start, or everyone who starts a short story over and over again but gets stuck after a few lines, will benefit from her refreshing and concrete approach.
Do you have an idea for a novel? Want to write short stories, or columns? We’re going to get to work! We’ll read, talk, share ideas, and pick up our pens.
How do you develop characters? How do you set up a story? How important is a plot? How do you make something personal but not private? How do you kill your darlings? How do you inspire yourself? These are all questions you run into when you write creatively.
Eva Posthuma de Boer shares her experiences, reads, assesses, gives assignments and tips.
Even before the master class begins, Eva will provide some writing assignments to the participants by email, so that once on the spot, they can get to work right away. At the end of the week you will be wiser, inspired and motivated to keep writing.
This Masterclass week will be concluded with a festive literary evening, with readings by the participants and the famous Pulp & Fiction quiz that Eva has organized for years at festival De Parade.
What is included in the price?
Our Masterclass package looks as follows:
• Arrival on Sunday from 3pm, departure Saturday 12pm.
• Six nights’ accommodation in one of our luxurious rooms (see our country house page).
• Monday through Friday daily joint workshops and lectures, in addition plenty of room for individual advice, independent work and relaxation.
• Maximum of 15 participants per week, lots of individual attention.
• Welcome drink and light snack on day of arrival.
• From Monday to Friday full board with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Including all non-alcoholic beverages.
• Sunset trip on catamaran, including barbecue and drinks on board.
• Transfers to and from the airport.
• Assistance in booking car rental, extended stay on the island or other activities with our partners.
• Package price in dollars from 2600.
About Eva Posthuma de Boer
Eva Posthuma de Boer is a writer of novels, columns and cookbooks. Her debut novel Eindeloze dagen (Endless Days) appeared in 2007, followed by the novels Lichthart (2009), De Comedy Club (2012), Ica (2015), En het wonder ben jij (2018) and De hand van Mustang Sally (2022).
Cookbooks by her include Voer voor Vrienden and Eva’s Keukenkast. Eva Posthuma de Boer publishes (culinary) columns in various newspapers and magazines, including Het Parool, Museumvisie and de Volkskrant.
For more information about Eva Posthuma de Boer visit evaposthumadeboer.nl
Want to sign up for this Master Class week or have additional questions? Let us know using the form below. We will get back to you soon with more information.