with Cesar Zuiderwijk
Maestro Cesar Zuiderwijk
Status Expected in 2023
Cesar Zuiderwijk will share several secrets of the blacksmith during this multi-faceted Masterclass week. An important element is the Moeller method, which Zuiderwijk himself learned from Jim Chapin. Grandmaster Chapin has taught this Moeller method to almost all well-known drummers in jazz and rock. So did Zuiderwijk, for whom Jim Chapin was like a father for twenty years. Cesar Zuiderwijk in turn passes the baton with love to other drummers.
Using the Moeller method you learn to play three to four times as fast with one wrist movement, and you can also maintain this indefinitely due to the relaxation that underlies it. Building on this, Cesar Zuiderwijk has developed a method that makes it possible to get up to six bass drum beats out of one leg movement.
At the start of the Masterclass, participants are handed a document in which the most common rudiments with their own twist are worked out. This is what everyone will be working on this week, both collectively and individually. The emphasis is mainly on posture and stick position, and open hand playing with the aim of developing ‘equal hands’.
Cesar Zuiderwijk will provide all the technical tips, tricks, indications and exercises with a wealth of anecdotes and examples from practice. Both his decades-long career with the Golden Earring and his experiences as a teacher at his own music school, Music Station, are brilliant and inspiring stories to tell.
All participants of the Cesar Zuiderwijk Masterclass week have an electronic drum kit in their own room.
What is included in the price?
Our Masterclass package looks as follows:
• Arrival on Sunday from 3pm, departure Saturday 12pm.
• Six nights’ accommodation in one of our luxurious private rooms (see our country house page).
• Monday through Friday daily joint workshops and lectures, in addition plenty of room for individual advice, independent work and relaxation.
• Maximum of 15 participants per week, lots of individual attention.
• Welcome drink and light snack on day of arrival.
• From Monday to Friday full board with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Including all non-alcoholic beverages.
• Sunset trip on catamaran, including barbecue and drinks on board.
• Access to the beach at Delfins Beach Resort from Monday to Saturday.
• Transfers to and from the airport.
• Assistance in booking car rental, extended stay on the island or other activities with our partners.
• Package price in dollars $ 3950.
About Cesar Zuiderwijk
Cesar Zuiderwijk (1948) is probably the best known drummer in the Netherlands. Since 1970 he was part of the Golden Earring. His jacket with the sensors connected to a drum computer and the long drum solos that ended in the apotheosis where Zuiderwijk launched himself over the drum kit, can be called nothing less than legendary. Zuiderwijk is also active outside the Golden Earring; he founds a music store cum meeting place for musicians from The Hague, gives drum lessons in his own music school Music Station, and does several theater tours. In 2020, the debut EP of the formation Sloper, a collaboration between Cesar Zuiderwijk and Triggerfinger drummer Mario Goossens, was released.
For more information about Cesar Zuiderwijk and his drum school visit www.musicstation.nl
Want to sign up for this Master Class week or have additional questions? Let us know using the form below. We will get back to you soon with more information.