with Trijntje Oosterhuis
Maestro Trijntje Oosterhuis
Status It was an incredible week!
Trijntje Oosterhuis is one of the most versatile artists in the Netherlands. From Total Touch pop songs to jazz standards and from collaborations with the likes of Marco Borsato, Toots Thielemans, Herbie Hancock, Al Jarreau, Lionel Richie, Carel Kraayenhof, master composer Burt Bacharach, Candy Dulfer and from soul songs by Stevie Wonder, to Jett Rebel, Vjeze Fur, Alain Clark and Glen Faria.
In 2019, Trijntje is celebrating twenty-five years in the business. Besides her own career as a singer, Trijntje Oosterhuis is also very active as a vocal coach and teacher. And that is exactly what she will be spending a week at Home Of The Muse for.
Every person has that one song that gives you goosebumps, reminds you of that one day, that one person, of beautiful and not so beautiful moments in life.
“If you don’t feel it, I don’t believe you”.
Music is a universal connector, where emotions can be overcome or emotions are discovered that may have been hidden before. In recent years, Trijntje could be seen and heard in The Voice of Holland, It Takes Two, Dreamschool, DanceSing and Miracles of Music in the role of vocal coach, where she made clear time and again the power of music: “if you don’t feel it, I don’t believe you.”
But as a singer, how do you get to the point where you can feel “it” and sing at the same time? That is one of the focal points of this Masterclass. Trijntje offers participants a balanced program with technical and practical exercises, background information and theories. There will be work on self-expression and self-confidence, the development of your creativity and relaxation while singing.
Each participant will explore and push personal boundaries, where the goal is not to sing better than someone else, but better than yourself. Above all, a Masterclass week with Trijntje guarantees that there will be a lot of fun, both in singing and with each other. The week is of course concluded with a performance in which all participants can show off their newly acquired skills.
What is included in the price?
Our Masterclass package looks as follows:
• Arrival on Sunday from 3pm, departure Saturday 12pm.
• Six nights’ accommodation in one of our luxurious private rooms (see our country house page).
• Monday through Friday daily joint workshops and lectures, in addition plenty of room for individual advice, independent work and relaxation.
• Maximum of 15 participants per week, lots of individual attention.
• Welcome drink and light snack on day of arrival.
• From Monday to Friday full board with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Including all non-alcoholic beverages.
• Sunset trip on catamaran, including barbecue and drinks on board.
• Access to the beach at Delfins Beach Resort from Monday to Saturday.
• Transfers to and from the airport.
• Assistance in booking car rental, extended stay on the island or other activities with our partners.
• Package price in dollars $ 3950.
Over Trijntje Oosterhuis
Trijntje Oosterhuis (1973)
Trijntje broke through in the 1990s with her brother Tjeerd Oosterhuis in the band Total Touch. After a successful joint career, Trijntje has continued as a solo artist since 2001. She is considered one of the best and most versatile singers in the Netherlands. From 2012 to 2017 Oosterhuis was part of the occasional Ladies of Soul formation. In 2015 she was the Dutch participant in the Eurovision Song Contest, and in 2021 she played the role of Mary in The Passion. In addition to her singing career, Trijntje is developing into a much sought-after and valued vocal coach. She was a coach on The Voice of Holland from 2012 to 2014 and on the program It Takes 2 since 2016. Since 2019, she is also a judge on the program DanceSing and on SBS6’s We Want More.
For more information about Trijntje Oosterhuis see: https://www.trijntje.nl/
Want to sign up for this Master Class week or have additional questions? Let us know using the form below. We will get back to you soon with more information.